Share:
 

Grounds

Berry Park
(Myall Road, Mount Colah)

  • Leased by the N.S.W. Department of Health for many years and used primarily for soccer. Used by HK&HDCA from 1993/94 until 1995/96 when new houses alongside rendered it too small for senior cricket. In 1996 a new dressing shed and kitchen was installed by Hornsby Council.
  • The oval was named after Jack Berry who was the founder of the Mount Colah Soccer Club.

Foxglove Oval
(Foxglove Road, Mount Colah)

  • Foxglove Oval is the largest remediated landfill in Hornsby Shire. The tip operated between 1963 and 1980 before it was turned into a sports field.
  • Opened in 1983/84, one year later HK&HDCA lost morning use of the grounds to Northern District Little Athletics Association.
  • During the 2007/08 season, Hornsby Council completed a major restoration of the ground that included; compacting the landfill, spreading hundreds of tonnes of topsoil and planting 35,000 square metres of turf, a new irrigation system with a water treatment facility, a new car park surface and new access arrangements to the amenities building.
  • Nick Berman, the Honorary Mary of Hornsby Shire re-opened the association's largest playing ground on Saturday, 5 April 2008.

Parklands Oval
(Parklands Rd, Mount Colah)

  • Opened 1962/63 with a malthoid pitch.
  • Enlarged and turfed and dessing rooms added in time for 1969/70 season.

Mount Colah Oval

  • In 1935/36 the members of Asquith Cricket Club "by hard work and long hours converted and old orchard into a splendid playing area, complete with pavilion .... at their own expense."
  • The ground was sited near the entrance to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
  • In 1938/39 the Club ploughed it up and re-levelled it but Hornsby Council resumed the site after the War and Mills Park was constructed as compensation.

References from "Summer Saturdays" by Alfred James OAM.